Friday, September 2, 2011

Mertesacker Coming Not 'Tragedy' Old Trafford


Per Mertesacker's presence is expected to improve the Arsenal defense that has been porous. But, Mertesacker denied himself was recruited in the aftermath of "tragedy" Old Trafford.

Back line is so one of the weakest points for the Gunners in the last few seasons. To overcome this problem, the North London club was bought Mertesacker from Werder Bremen and Andre Santos from Fenerbahce.

Incidentally, the last game before the two who acted Arsenal defender is coming indicate how fragile defense 'cannon London'. In the big match against Manchester United at Old Trafford, Arsene Wenger humiliated 2-8.


In the game, Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is three times the force Wojciech Szczesny picked up the ball from the net.

Nonetheless, Mertesacker assess the transfer process is triggered not only humiliating defeat suffered by his new club.

"I do not think my transfer was Rooney's fault," said Mertesacker reported by Sky Sports.

"I think the reason was not that. I want to believe that they have been monitoring me for quite some time. For me, childhood dreams have come true," continued the German national team player.

"I've long wanted this. This is a challenging task that will take me because I also will develop further as a player,"

No comments:

Post a Comment