Friday, September 2, 2011

Capirossi Retirement Final Season



After more than 20 year career in motor racing competitions, Loris Capirossi finally announced his retirement time. Capirex will withdraw from the track at the end of this season.

The 38-year-old Italian rider that gives the announcement on the sidelines of the preparations ahead of the San Marino MotoGP. With tears in her eyes, she spoke in front of the media.

"It's hard for me to say this, because after 22 seasons, this will be my last race in Italy since the end of this season, I'll retire," said Capirossi quoted by Autosport.


"This is not an easy decision, but I think it's time to stop. I said to myself 'yes, no, yes, no' repeatedly. But, this is the right decision," he added.

"I want to thank everyone who supported me. I always try to do my best and I had a fantastic time," said Pramac Racing riders this.

Capirossi started his career in motor racing grand prix in 1990. In its inaugural season, he's still 17-year-old world champion 125cc with Honda. The following year, he defended his title.

In 1992, he was leveling up to the 250cc class. After passing three years of fairly successful in this class, he was promoted to the 500cc class in 1995.

Because less bright in the 500cc class, he returned to the 250cc class in 1997. A year later, he won world titles with Aprilia.

In 2000, the man born in Bologna is back up to the primary class and strengthen the Honda. Since then, he built a reputation as one of the rider that counts.

In the primary classes, to strengthen Honda's ever recorded Capirossi, Ducati, Suzuki, and Pramac Racing. The best achievements he accomplished in 2001 and 2006, where he ranked third in the final standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment